Wednesday, May 22, 2013

PT: Editing

PT: Editing!

Editing is a fabulous way to boost photography, especially if the photo needs a color boost, or you want a different look. It can also help you crop out any weird scenery parts that you don't like. Or, to just add your watermark. (Keep your hands off my photos, stealers! xD)

One thing that I love with editing is that you can take one photo and make it COMPLETELY different. For example, I have a photo of a pair of flip flops. The first one is the "before" photo, and the bottom one:



Is very different. As you can see, its a darker tone, sepia to be exact .I also cropped the photo a bit and added a watermark. The difference is quite easy to spot, and I just love how the outcome looks.

Although, editing actually is a pet peeve of mine. I personally think that if you can take amazing photos WITHOUT editing, your a true photographer. Editing just puts a mask over something, and just attempts to make it look prettier. So, I wouldn't recommend editing if you want to impress people, but its fun to play around with.

Editing also can help you fix a few blurrs in your photo, and help sharpen it. It can also help add a little brightness, or maybe a whole new look to a dull photo. I use Picmonkey, which has many features that are free and easy to use. (And, if you are willing to pay, you can get even more high-quality editing goodies on Picmonkey as well, which I might actually try soon!)

So, I hoped you guys enjoyed today's Photo Topic! And, hopefully, many more to come.

~PiNeApPlE

No comments:

Post a Comment